The bulk of personal information in a particular business is often found in Human Resources (HR) departments. Yet, HR departments are often overlooked in the compliance exercise – partly because employee personal information is seen as less important and risky than customer personal information and because of the enormity of the task.
There are a couple of things that have to happen before the Act will become a reality for business: The President has to publish a commencement date in the Government Gazette; then businesses will have at least a year to comply; then an Information Regulator will have to be appointed and its office established.
- Employee policies: Help your employees play well with others
- SA’s largest data breach & how you can protect your data
- Competition Commission releases Draft Guidelines on Information Exchange between Competitors
- Financial Intelligence for your Business
- Compliance Online selected as a National Gazelle
- Act competitively: A Practical Guide to the South African Competition Act
- Follow-on damages – the new kid on the block for competition law non-compliance?
88 Main Road
Paarl, Western Cape
+27 (21) 863 0073