There are a couple of things that have to happen before the Act will become a reality for business: The President has to publish a commencement date in the Government Gazette; then businesses will have at least a year to comply; then an Information Regulator will have to be appointed and its office established.
https://www.complianceonline.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/News3_image2.jpg 493 700 Elizabeth de Stadler http://co.siliconvineyards.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/white_logo-300x138.png Elizabeth de Stadler2016-04-05 12:23:222016-04-07 09:24:15POPI is signed into law — what should business know right now?
- Employee policies: Help your employees play well with others
- SA’s largest data breach & how you can protect your data
- Competition Commission releases Draft Guidelines on Information Exchange between Competitors
- Financial Intelligence for your Business
- Compliance Online selected as a National Gazelle
- Act competitively: A Practical Guide to the South African Competition Act
- Follow-on damages – the new kid on the block for competition law non-compliance?
88 Main Road
Paarl, Western Cape
+27 (21) 863 0073