+27 21 863 0073
What is this policy about?
This policy applies (where the context indicates it) to our customers, the employees of our customers who participate in the training and visitors to our website. We want you to know exactly what information we have and what we do with it.
There is legislation which regulates the use of personal information in South Africa. The most important one is the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI), but it is not in effect yet. POPI aims to protect your personal information and prescribes what we may and may not do with it.
This policy along with our service agreement is our agreement with you (or more likely your employer) about what we can and cannot do with your information. Your employer must also treat your personal information with respect. Once we send your results or other information relating to your participation in our training programmes to your employer, the information becomes their responsibility. If you are not happy with the way in which we are using your personal information, please let us or your employer know.
What information do we collect?
We collect the company and financial information of our customers in order to conclude a contract with them.
We collect the following personal information of the participants in the training:
- Name and surname (so that we know who you are)
- Identity or employee number (so that we can avoid duplications on our system)
- Employment information (who your employer is and your position)
- E-mail address (so that we can communicate with you)
- Gender (we collect this in order to assist your employer to comply with B-BBEE legislation)
- Race (we collect this in order to assist your employer to comply with B-BBEE legislation)
- The results of the training
How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information to provide our services to you (or your employer). This includes:
- Processing your financial details to complete the purchase of any of our services (where relevant).
- Regulate access to and participation in the training programme.
- Sending the results of the training to you and your employer.
- Sending you and your employer information about the topic on which you were trained.
We retain your information indefinitely for record-keeping purposes. This ensures that you and your employer can have continued access to the results. If you ever change employment and your new employer is also one of our clients, you will not have to repeat training that you have completed as we will have access to your full training history.
What are your choices and rights?
You have the right to:
- ask what personal information we hold about you at any time;
- ask what information was sent to our suppliers, service providers or any other third parties;
- ask us to update, correct or delete any out-of-date or incorrect personal information we hold about you.
Remember that you always have your rights in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act once it comes into effect.
What security measures do we have in place?
We take your privacy and the security of your personal information seriously. We will never provide your information or the results of your participation in the training programme to anybody but you or your employer. We will never provide your information to third parties for marketing or any other purpose unless we are required by law to do so.
We have implemented security safeguards designed to protect the personal information that you provide in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act and other industry regulations and standards.
To protect any personal information which we store on our services, we regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. However, no system is perfectly secure and while we take all reasonable steps to protect your data, we cannot guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical or managerial safeguards.
Please note the emails you send us are not encrypted, and we strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential or sensitive information through these means.
+27 21 863 0073